Branch “Research and Development Institute of Air Navigation” of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise State Scientific Research Institute of Civil Aviation (Branch “Institute of Air Navigation” of GosNII GA) is a head scientific research organization engaged in development of Russian Air Navigation System.
The Institute conducts research and develops new concepts and initiatives in the following areas:
- System-wide and complex tasks of Air Navigation System development;
- Improvement of air traffic management and use of airspace;
- Development of programs for the implementation of CNS / ATM systems and facilities;
- Communication, navigation and surveillance technologies;
- Security of the United System of Air Traffic Management software application;
- Validation of flight safety requirements for air navigation services and development of programs to ensure their implementation;
- Development of requirements, testing and certification of ground facilities for radio technical support of flights, aeronautical communications and ATM, as well as for on-board flight electronics for aircraft;
- Modification of aircraft to ensure their compliance with existing and upcoming of air navigation regulations.
The Institute conducts research and development programs under orders of the Federal Air Transport Agency and other federal executive bodies; works under contracts with FSUE "State ATM Corporation"; enterprises of the country's aviation infrastructure, airlines, and other organizations.
In collaboration with industrial enterprises, the Institute works on development and further implementation of modern equipment and technologies.